Table of content
Correct the way you bite
Orthodontics is the practice of straightening your teeth to create a better smile. Braces are a series of braces that use either metal brackets or clear plastic brackets to attach to your teeth, and wires or elastics are used to move teeth into a straighter position. Braces can be used to correct problems with a crowded or misaligned bite, gaps between teeth, or other problems which can cause pain or difficulty chewing. Orthodontic treatment can also be done to prevent or treat other problems, such as crooked teeth or a protruding jaw.
- Improve the appearance of your teeth
- Improve oral hygiene
- Reduce or eliminate TMJ disorders
- Prevent tooth decay
- Improve self-confidence
- Braces are not a permanent solution
- You will need to wear them for 2-3 years
- Requires patience and commitment
Think an orthodontic treatment might be right for you? Contact us for a consultation today.
Orthodontic Treatment: Straightening Your Teeth and Improving Your Oral Health
What is Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment involves the use of dental appliances, such as braces or aligners, to correct misaligned teeth and jaws. The goal of orthodontic treatment is to improve oral health, function and aesthetics by straightening teeth, closing gaps, and fixing bite problems.
The Orthodontic Treatment Process
The orthodontic treatment process typically involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Initial Consultation: Your orthodontist will examine your teeth and jaw, take x-rays and impressions, and discuss your treatment options with you.
- Step 2: Treatment Planning: Your orthodontist will develop a personalized treatment plan that includes the type of appliance, duration of treatment and expected outcomes.
- Step 3: Appliance Placement: Braces or aligners are placed on your teeth according to the treatment plan.
- Step 4: Adjustment Visits: You will see your orthodontist periodically for adjustments to your appliance to ensure your teeth are moving toward their desired positions.
- Step 5: Retention Phase: Once your teeth have been moved into their correct positions, a retainer may be recommended to prevent them from shifting back.
Caring for Your Orthodontic Appliances
Proper care of your orthodontic appliances is essential to maintain their effectiveness and minimize the risk of damage or decay. It includes regular cleaning, avoiding hard or sticky foods, and scheduling regular check-ups with your orthodontist.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Straighter Teeth: Orthodontic treatment can help align crooked, crowded or gapped teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Better Oral Health: Straighter teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Improved Function: Orthodontic treatment can improve chewing and speech function by correcting bite problems.
- Boosted Self-Confidence: A straighter, healthier smile can boost self-confidence and overall well-being.
Why Choose Us for Your Orthodontic Treatment?
- Expertise: Our team of orthodontic professionals has extensive knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating dental issues requiring orthodontic treatment.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure the best possible results for our patients.
- Personalized Care: We take the time to listen to our patients’ concerns and goals and develop customized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs.
- Commitment to Excellence: We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care and helping them achieve optimal oral health.
Contact Us Today for Your Orthodontic Treatment Needs
If you are in need of orthodontic treatment, contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced orthodontic professionals. We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care and helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.