Table of content
Protect your baby’s teeth
Pit and fissure sealants are effective at reducing the incidence of decay in babies and toddlers. These simple procedures are typically carried out by your dentist during your child’s first visit, usually when they are around six months old, and can be performed with little or no discomfort for your child.
The procedure involves applying a thin coat of a resin material to the surface of the teeth and gums. This seals off the pits and fissures and reduces the risk of decay developing. It is important that the treatment is carried out correctly, and that the child does not have a fever at the time of the appointment.
- Protect baby’s teeth
- No need for a filling
- Simple, painless and easy to administer
- Reduce risk of decay
- Sealant can only be applied to healthy enamel
- Children must not be febrile
- Carry out at least twice per year
Think a sealant might be right for you? Contact us for a consultation today.
Pit and Fissure Sealants: Protecting Your Teeth from Decay
What are Pit and Fissure Sealants?
Pit and fissure sealants are a protective coating applied to the chewing surfaces of back teeth, where most cavities occur. They are typically made of a plastic material that fills in the grooves and pits of the teeth, creating a smooth surface that is easier to clean.
The Pit and Fissure Sealant Procedure
The pit and fissure sealant procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Cleaning: Before applying the sealant, your dentist will clean the tooth surface to remove any plaque or debris.
- Step 2: Acid Etching: A mild acid solution is applied to the tooth surface to create small pores that allow the sealant to bond more securely.
- Step 3: Sealant Application: The sealant is applied to the tooth surface and allowed to harden with a special light or chemical process.
Caring for Your Pit and Fissure Sealants
Proper care is essential to maintain the longevity and optimal performance of your pit and fissure sealants. It includes regular cleaning, avoiding hard or sticky foods, and scheduling regular check-ups with your dentist.
Benefits of Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Prevention of Tooth Decay: Pit and fissure sealants provide an additional layer of protection against tooth decay, reducing the risk of cavities.
- Easier Oral Hygiene: Smooth tooth surfaces are easier to clean, reducing the accumulation of plaque and bacteria that can lead to oral health problems.
- Cost-Effective: Pit and fissure sealants are a cost-effective way to prevent tooth decay and avoid more extensive dental procedures in the future.
- Painless and Non-Invasive: The application of pit and fissure sealants is painless and non-invasive, requiring no anesthesia or drilling.
Why Choose Us for Your Pit and Fissure Sealant Needs?
- Expertise: Our team of dental professionals has extensive knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating dental issues requiring pit and fissure sealants.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure the best possible results for our patients.
- Personalized Care: We take the time to listen to our patients’ concerns and goals and develop customized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs.
- Commitment to Excellence: We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care and helping them achieve optimal oral health.
Contact Us Today for Your Pit and Fissure Sealant Needs
If you are in need of pit and fissure sealants, contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dental professionals. We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care and helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.